work from home..

i'm at a loss on what to do...the hubs is taking a split in his management position, which means less money. i've been a stay at home mom for the past two years, and i dont want to stop that. are there any work at home jobs that are legit? i don't want to do medical transcription..are the paid surveys legit? any advice on where to go? i don't want to have to worry about selling anything. I posted an ad about childcare, but nothing's come of it, it's very hard to get kids to watch around here...sorry to seem so close minded to things..i'm not trying to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are lots of work at home jobs out there. I have some good free ones listed at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's pretty difficult to work from home. Unfortunately, most "work from home" ads are scams :(

I've done "paid survey" things in the past but the ones that paid cash up front were few and far between, and the online programs give discounts on items, or free items, instead of actual cash (in my experience at least).

You can try InboxDollars... you get paid about $.03 for each email from them that you read, and once your account gets to $30 they will send you a check. It's something, at least...
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 1:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Hi Mama! There are quite a few things you can check out from home.... ChaCha is a text service that you can work from your home around your kids' schedule... check out www.ChaCha.com and then scroll to the bottom and click on Become a Guide. My referral email address is bbuchanan1985@yahoo.com Also check out www.pineconeresearch.com, you get paid $3 for each survey you complete... and they even send you free stuff from time to time to try out! Leapforce and Lionbridge are great, but I am on a waiting list with both of them because they are on a hiring freeze. I own a home based business as well, check it out at www.shopgbg.com/bbuchanan, it's FREE unlike many other opps that I have tried out! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!!! Brittany
    bbuchanan1985

Answer by bbuchanan1985 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• have you ever thought of having a part time job outside the home when your husband comes home from work, so that he can watch your child/children? That way it wouldnt be a daycare type of situation and that would bring in a little extra income?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a list of home based as well as work at home opportunities and ideas on my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

As always, my number one suggestion is eBay.  Start with the stuff you have around the house to sort of test the waters.  If you like it, you can expand from there. 

Good luck!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You could probably look at baking or a craftwork kind of a business, or if you’re more academically oriented, lots of universities offer research projects, homework assignments. Then you can always conduct private or virtual coaching classes. Just some more ideas for you to chew; here is a nice write up on working from home . You might need it in due course. All the best.

patsyweber

Answer by patsyweber at 8:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2010