lightening strike last night when i slept, i woke thinking it was a bomb!

anyone ever had one go off so close

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 1:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I was at a 4th of July celebration in Castalia, NC in 1995. They raised an enormous American flag with a crane. Lightning struck the crane and then jumped to the chain link fence. Twenty-five people leaning on the fence were taken to the hospital. We weren't on the fence (thank God), but we were about 25 feet from the crane. The sound of the lightning was "electric", but the thunder was deafening. The storm the lightning came from was 25 miles north of the little town we were in according to the NWS. It scared all of us for quite a while.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yeah, but it wasn't the lightning that scared me, it was the crack from the tree that it hit!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• oh yea !! we had pretty scary ones on MD last week !! it did seem something big and scary fell on our house !! :-s
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• this one, i heard no tree crack, did not even hear a crack sound, sounded like a bomb
    and it made the siren alarm go off at the musuem across the street
    this did not help my wakingup with panic

dead sleep, bomb going off and alarms blareing
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• oh yeah, i had that happend about a month ago and seems like i was the only one who heard it...it shook the entire house..a picture even fell off the wall..i almost thought it was a small earthquake or something cuz we've been getting little small scale earthquakes across the eastcoast. I jumped right out of bed and ran straight to my son..my heart was beating so fast. My dh was like, "whats wrong with you"..he didnt even hear anything.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You get any flooding? We had a whole lotta streets flooded up to people's doorsteps! We had a lighning strike last night about 8 that sounded like it was next door! Made me jump!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• we are right here lakefront and on top of the highest point in town, all water goes down hill from us!
    basement neverhas water in
    but neighbors down hill might have different answer
    hope rain holds off, saw news as flooding around your area
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010