Ex-Clinton fundraiser gets 12 years in prison. Thoughts?

A wealthy Manhattan investment banker who was once a top fundraiser for Hillary Rodham Clinton and other big-name Democrats (ncluding Obama) has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for bank fraud.
~~
Isn't this the same man Clinton had nominated to be U.S. ambassador to Argentina (but withdrew after a lawsuit in 1999???).. Isn't this the SAME man who brought in at least $2.4 million over 15 years for Democratic Politicans, including President Barack Obama and Vice President Al Gore.
~~
Does anyone really think the politicians weren't aware of what this man was doing?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, we could ask the same question about most candidates fundraisers. Both sides are completely suspect. And, I am aware you are going to ask me the change question, but again, I was never blinded by the fact that all politicians sell hope and change, and it is always business as usual. And I hope there is an investigation into the extent that people, high ranking beneficiaries of this man (Obama, Clintons, and all of the rest of the DNC).
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• we do practice equal opportunity bashing, gertie...you all bash the pubs, and we bash the dems. Occasionally someone crosses the line and bashes their own party...

we don't need the CM version of the fairness doctrine.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• three words: campaign finance reform
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree, my problem is, they are the ones that do the investigating. We need a Mr. Smith (or Mrs.).
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Jack Abromoff's tangled web was never investigated fully  either...

and it seems people dont care

???

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• http://www.republicanoffenders.com/

A long list of Republican offenders. Just copy and paste the link...
    BOTH parties have many bad guys ,raising funds, promoting candidates, committing crimes.going to jail.. But here at CM, they only want to discuss Democrats who have commited crimes...because they are biased against Democrats.
    I say we practice "equal-opportunity bashing".How's that?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• "Contributions from them? Dirty money. xxxxx had better give the money back. And shun them. Otherwise, if s/he doesn't,s/he is just as bad as the group is."

Anyone recognize this quote?   I find it a trifle ironic.  Because now, it has changed to "everybody does it". 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Grly - not to get involved, but I believe Sweet was agreeing with you and providing an example. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Well, we will just agree to disagree. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• "only highlights there isn't any stepped up level of transparency and accountability today than there was in previous administrations..."

So true.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010