Do you use a dresser or a closet more?

My daughter is going to be 3 soon and I was going to start having her help put her own clothes away, and was wondering which way most parents do it. Do you have your kids put their clothes in their dressers or do you hang them up and have them hang them in the closet, or both? how old were your kids when they started being able to help?

chipper87

Asked by chipper87 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Closet for sure
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 1:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a DD that's 3 as well and we hang her nicer clothes like sweaters and dresses and then just let her put her stuff in the bottom couple drawers of a dresser. overall I think we use a dresser more.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Closet for most things, a small 3 drawer dresser for underwear and socks and the like. It's way easier for Julita to hang up her clothes than to fold them, and easier for her to see what she's looking for too - less mess!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I put my kids' clothes in a dresser--easier for them to get them in and out.. they are 5 & 3
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Hangers are difficult for little kids. I think it's easier under 6 years old to use a dresser especially if you are teaching them to put their clothes away themselves.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• we only use a closet... i dont like to fold a lot of clothes for him to just tear them all out and shove them back in so i use hangers it makes the clothes look nicer when we take them off to put on him... i just like hangers better
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Closets
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010