Ladies - I really need some help, suggestions, advice, anything...

My life is falling apart, and i've have been incredibly depressed. But I realized that I need to be strong and get through this, I just don't know how... My SO is leaving me, I will barely be able to afford the bills on my own. I am losing my car in a week, its in my mothers name and she is filing for bankruptcy, I found out that I have precervical cancer and put all of my savings into my medical insurance deductable so I could get treatment. I have no family or friends within 400 miles. I already work 45 hours a week and cannot take on more hours because the daycare will not take my daughter for more hours. But, taking the bus will tack on an extra 10 hours a week of comute to pick her up and go to work. The daycare won't take her for the extra 10 hours, So I cannot afford more care for my daughter so that I can go to work. If I cut back my hours, I won't be able to pay the rent. What can I do? I am at such a loss...

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 1:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• First, know that you are not alone. All friends don't have to be right next door, internet friends can provide some support too!

You're taking care of the medical, that's good. You're working as many hours as possible, so that's taken care of. You may need to look for a cheaper place to live, that can bring significant savings sometimes. Cut corners where ever possible - groceries, cable, phone, internet (and then access from public wireless).

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Hang in there!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Go file for daycare assistance. There are programs that will help you purchase a car. Go to church and make new friends.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• im really sorry for the situation u are in right now. i guess u can work from home , part time ofcourse for some extra cash. i know u already are working but u will get alot of online or on-call jobs. or u do other work from home also, like baking cakes on orders or doing laundry. i know these are not good options but i hope they help u till u get back on ure feet. good luck !!
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh my God honey just take one day at a time,and try to get as much help as possible.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010