What are things you should buy your new baby, all of their baby needs?

I really just want to get a feel of the basics i have an idea but i kniw everybody is different

MsShoate313

Asked by MsShoate313 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There is lots of things that all babys needs, but my life saver is baby wipes, and blankets that are soft.
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 1:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Diapers
    wipes
    gripe water
    baby bath stuff(shampoo, body wash etc..)
    baby lotion
    q-tips(for cleaning the umbilical cord)
    zinc cream(for rashy bums)
    night light(more for you than them, so you can see what you're doing in the middle of the night, lol)
    clothes(obviously)
    sling or snuggly

Those are what I made sure I had for my second baby because with my first I was completely clueless as to what I would need. Lol.
    Different people find they need different things. Some people really like those Diaper Genies and can't live without them. I really disliked mine and got rid of it. A lot has to do with personal taste.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• OH!!! Little scratch mitts so they don't scratch up their perfect little face.
    Laila-May

• For my first I bought: stroller, crib, pack n' play bassinet combo, car seat, clothes, towels, rattles.

for my next I want to have: baby tub, swing or rocker, rocking chair, real bassinet.

I wasn't able to get everything i wanted last time, but hopefully this time I'll be able to finish up :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh, and I'm getting a Moby wrap! Didn't need one last time really, but i'm thinking it's going to be a necessity with a 2 year old running around :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• This is going to be our fourth child. I do not have much baby stuff left from the others. The things on my list include bathing soap, lotion, diapers and wipes (would prefer cloth), a wrap or sling, a crib for in our room ( that way I wont need a bassinet and with nursing the baby ends up in bed with me) plenty of onesies, gowns, and a few pants, blankets, just crib sheets ( I have no need for a crib set due to sids) and really big homemade receiving blankets for swaddling. Also a few glass bottles and formula for supplementing, but I usually strictly breastfeed. That should get me through the first 3 months and after that I will HAVE to have a bumbo seat, highchair, and playpen. I like to keep it simple and with three others I have had some of it all.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010