If you knew you were having your baby tomorrow for sure...

would you shave down there or just let the doctors do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The doctors don't shave down there..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My doc does not shave, she just washed and sanitised my area, shaving is not required
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 2:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The doctors don't shave you down there when having a vaginal delivery.. I think they shave any hairs that are close to an incision if you have a c section... But not the vaginal area...
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I personally didn't shave cuz i read it's cleaner for the baby. Natural birth though...not sure if they shave you for c sections.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have c sections and the first time was an emergency so I didn't know they even did that to me....lol The second time was planned and they did it in the hospital...I didn't like that they did it. I'm having our little one next thurs and I'll probably shave myself because it's awkward letting them do it....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• doctors don't shave you anymore. I shaved up until the day I delivered anyway.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I shaved myself, not bald but it wasn't mrs harry either. It was nice and trimmed and that was that. But I have always kept my girl parts pretty much well maintained. I have to agree with everyone else they do not shave you....nor do they compliment you on how well you have shaved yourself...
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• doctors never shaved me..i think they shave for csection if needed
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 2:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yes I shave for my c-sections myself don't like them doing it with the cheap razors that I get razor burn bad from!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 4:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• they don't shave down there any more. it actually poses a higher risk for an infection if they do.
    the only time they shave is for a c/s and it's just the part that they need to cut at, not the whole thing.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2010