Wedding favors...

We are on a very tight budget for our wedding. Do you think people will care if we don't get the little favors? It seems crazy to spend so much money on junk that will just get thrown away. Or does anyone have an idea for an inexpensive or DIY favor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have NEVER thrown away a wedding favor! That's a horrid thought! I keep them all!

That said, there are quite a few cheap options. We did Chocolate Kiss Roses. I don't remember what they cost all together but really it wasn't much at all... All you need is Chocolate Kisses, flower wire & tape, fake leaves & red cellophane... A little goes a long way!

You could also just go with any number of cheap options. How many guests will you have? The more you do yourself the better in most cases. I was at one wedding that just did Personalized Kisses... They printed up stickers that went on the base of the kiss and spent a few hours putting them on... I think in total it cost them like $50 for 500 guests... Lots of cheap options!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If you are allowed to throw bird seed you can make little pouches of that tied by a bow. Or I've also seen little tiny bubbles with a tiny wand, which I don't think would be very expensive. But I agree about not giving people something that they have no use for. And you don't need to give them anything.

Answer by Bmat at 2:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If it runs past midnight then you could give out the next days Newspaper and two bagels in a gift bag per couple. You just need someone to get the newspapers for you that night & put them in paper gift bags.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We did a luau themed reception and there we handed out 3 hershey's kisses wrapped in tulle. we tied a raffia(sp?) bow on it that had our names and the date on paper strip and we hot glue gunned a fake little orchid to each one. Just and idea!
    But I don't think people will care if you have that stuff for them. Honestly.....what do you do with it after, if it's not a little candy or something? My friend had glass hearts with thier names and the date on it...and I thought WTH do I do with this now? lol Put it in my curio? lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010