How do you make it last?

My boyfriends mom is making him move back with her to Washington state. We have an 8 month old daughter and I need advise on how to make it work on the relationship and on how to let him still be a dad but from out of state. We really love each other and want to make it work but we don't know how.

YoungPergoMom

Asked by YoungPergoMom at 2:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• How can she "make" him move? If he doesn't want to go then he should get a job, get an apartment and stick around to be there for you and your child together.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Sorry, but in my experience, long-distance relationships never last unless it's because of military deployment.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree with Laila-May....I don't see how she's making him move unless he's underage.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Honey, I don't understand someone "making" him move. If he is over 18, it is his choice.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• How old are the two of you? Can you find jobs and support yourselves? Can you get state assistance to help you stay together but also be able to support yourselves? If so I would reccomend moving in together. Otherwise you can get a webcam to stay in touch and make sure you try frequent visits (which would end up being less expensive to just live together honetly), write letters, send pictures, etc.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• how old is he? if he is under 18 and has had a job for 6 months he can try to get a place and get emancipated. but if he is just a teenager who depends on his mom then there is probably nothing you can do about it. maybe you should have all involved parties, you, him, and all of your parents, sit down and talk about it because you all need to think about what is going to be best for your baby. removing dad from the situation is probably not best for baby unless hes a violent druggy. kids need parents and childhood works better when you have mom and dad.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• How is she "making him move?" And, if he does move..someone needs to clip the apron strings...Why can't you move with him?
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm with others................

How can his mother "make" him move?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Okay I see that you're 16 and I assume he is also about this age. Have you asked your parents if he can move in with you? Or if you can move in with them?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Your boyfriends mom is making him move? Ok, clearly not old enough to be having children. And as for making it last? I don't think that's very likely, given the age/maturity of those involved.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010