Should I have a third baby?

Lately my husband has been hinting at a third child. I didn't initially want a third child but I am now considering it. I will be 28 when it happens if it happens. That will be the year I have to decide because I don't want to be thirty with another child. I had my first child at 21 and I'm worried about not being able to pursue my goals because of the work that will go into raising three children and going through the newborn stages all over again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is something only you and DH can decide. Sit down and talk about your personal and family goals. Write them down if it helps. (I always find it helpful to "see" things) I do not know what your personal goals are but if it is some sort of career there are some that are easier to achieve than others. You probably know what is involved with getting to your goal. Each of you should live happy and fulfilled lives. And your children deserve the same. Make sure none of the kids get short changed if you go with having three and also a career or whatever you are hoping for. Best wishes to you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• it all the way up to you! you will be pregnant, you will be breastfeeding, you will be changing diapers, you will be raising the baby. it cant be up to him becuase its your body. itsyour choice.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would! I am my parents #3 and I cannot imagine how dull their life would be without ME!! LOL! I personally would love to have another but we'll see...........

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i think if both of you want to have another go for it but make sure you want another baby too :) there is other options if you want another baby and still pursue your dreams theres day care or see if a fam member wouldnt mind watching your kids also in some schools there is sometimes a schedule that could work for you for example im expecting my third and im still going to school and my school has options like to go in morning, afternoon or night i go at night because that works for me you should look into it
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010