Don't know what to do ?!

todays my b day and i have 2 kiddos and pregnant well we woke up to day to go pick up my prescription from the pharmacy and when we came back my DH was in a bad mood i didnt even say anything to him and i made him his breakfast and served him and all of a sudden he says youre not even good for that becasue i spilled the milk while serving my baby in her sippy cup i didnt say anything just cleaned up the spill and my eyes watered and came to the living room. then when hes about to leave my son was palyin with a ball and threw it it happened to hit him in the back not the hard balls a soft one he turns around and grabs me and shoves me to sit down and cusses me out ! which when he shoved me he shoved me on top of a toy car . it hurt my back i still didnt say anything because my kids were seeing . and i put a movie on for my kids and smiled with tears in my eyes put them in their room to watch a movie. he never acts like this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• WHOA momma! He's getting physical. THAT'S A PROBLEM! You need to find out what is going on QUICK!!! Even though you didn't do anything, HE DID in front of your kids.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• He is abusive. You do not deserve to be treated this way. No one does. Tell him if he ever yells at you like that or ever lays a hand on you again in an aggressive way you will call the cops on him.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Hun, why haven't you spoken up? Don't let a man treat you that way. Ask him what is wrong. In any marriage, you must communicate...good luck and Happy Birthday....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Sounds like he's aggitated about something. Can you try talking to him about what might be bothering him? Maybe he's really stresesd out or overwhelmed and acting out. Obviously the behavior isn't acceptable and if he's never done it before that begs the question to what is really going on with him. I'd try talking to him to see if he opens up, and tell him how much hurt you physically and emotionally. You shouldn't have to deal with that just because he's having a bad day.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If it were me, when I got back up, I would have went straight to a phone and called the police. He was being abusive to you!! Do not tolerate it! And why the hell should you have to "serve" him anyways!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Regardless of if he's in a "bad mood" or if his ass is on fire, what you've described is abuse. It is not ok - ever - and yes, it really is that simple. Abuse rarely gets better but it nearly always gets worse - is this how you want to live? And perhaps even more important, is this the behavior that you want your children to believe is ok?

Take measures to make sure that you and your children are safe - that environment? isn't.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You're pregnant and he did this to you. I would have packed mine and my kids things and left or he would be leaving. Either way we would be over.
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You really need to think about your children --all three of them. Two saw what happened, and saw that nothing was done about it. This could teach them that it is okay to be abusive to women. It is *never* okay to be physically, verbally, or mentally abusive, and to harm a pregnant woman is beyond repugnant. If you do not get out now, or kick him out, you need to let him know that if he ever pulls that again you will be calling the police.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• well - i'd probably have punched him in the face, but that's not really the best response. don't allow him to manhandle you - especially in front of your children - perhaps use a phrase they may be familiar with such as "keep your hands to yourself" or "don't push me." you say he doesn't act like this - i'm wondering how does he normally act (i.e. does he talk to you like crap and this is the first time he's been physical, or is this completely out of character). tell him to stop, call the police if you have to in order to protect yourself and your children, including the one you are carrying. who gives a shit what his problem is if this is how he handles his feelings. let him know that he is being abusive - that label packs a punch - more than you're hurting me, stop, or anything else (sadly). don't you dare put up with that treatment. you deserve better and your children do too.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Bad mood or not, there is NO EXCUSE for him laying his hands on you!! It needs to end now before it escalades into something more violent. Do you want your childern seeing their dad push, shove, slap, hit, punch their mom? How about them hearing him speak down to you? What he did IS abuse and you need to make it stop now!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010