sahm?

how do you do it durning the summer? i am on vacation and I am trying to keep a clean house, bring kids places and go to all the sporting events? I can't seem to keep up, I think I have more time when I am working!!. do you make your kids stay inside so you can clean? I feel bad we have been on the go everyday and I refuse to make my kids sit inside while I clean. so tell me what you do? and your kids ages. mine are 9, 6 and 2!~ Not only that is like 90+ out everyday so far..

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son is 2 1/2 and my house is always messy because he is like a twister no matter what rooms he goes into he leaves a mess but my husband cleans up his toys while I'm getting him ready for bed and I will clean the basement when he is sleeping. If there is any house hold cleaning I need to do I do while he is sleeping or I will leave for the weekend when he is over my in laws for couple of hours but as for the wash I do that twice a week and if my son is up he will help me put the stuff in the washer and dryer with my help. We try to go outside for walks, to the park, swiming and play outside but it has been really hot lately that we have been staying in the house.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i cant keep up with all of mine either. the wya to do it is realize your not the only one responsible. if the kids get toys out, they need to pick them up, once they are 4-5 they can rinse their own plates, they can make sure laundry lands in hampers, they can. if i look around and see huge mess, i just ask everyone to spend 5 minutes picking up and i usually feel so much better. and even kids know that 5 minutes is not much, but its all it takes.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had a big vegetable garden when I was a SAHM. The boys were expected to play outside near me or to help in the garden in the morning. The afternoons were free for them. I got up before they did and did what cleaning that would get done for the day until evening.

Answer by Bmat at 2:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• oh and your 6 and 9 year olds.....my 12, 7 and 8 year olds do dishes, laundry, vaccuming, anything i ask them to help with. plus its a great way to teach them that the more responsibility they take on, the more privilages i give them.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my kids are 3 and 1 1/2. and im pregnant with my 3rd :) for me its all about being on a schedule wake up a little earlier than usual.so when they wake up theres breakfast done feed them, then let them watch a movie while i clean up, then if i want to go somewhere we go then come back around 11:30 start cooking again feed them then let them play while i clean up and do laundry. then around 3-4 take them outside for 1 hour come back in at 5 start making dinner feed them by 6 then let them play til 8 then take them a shower brush their teeth then finally put them to sleep
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Cleaning took a back seat in the summer because the winters were so long. Summer was for fun outdoors.
    Anonymous

• It is hard to balance. Think of it like work. When you were in training you were slow and always behind and didn't know what you were doing. With practice you get more efficient. I try to leave most the chores till my son is napping and then after he goes to bed for the night I clean up everything and finish the dishes and put in a load of laundry. Having the discipline to clean everything up every evening makes it so things don't build up on you. It is harder when it's this hot. Hang in there and you will find the routine that is right for your family.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my kids don't help :(, hubby is a slob! so I have to pick up after him all the time. I do agree summer's are short~ so in the winter this house is always clean but as the kids get older I am finding it harder to keep up in the warm months.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010