You're not my dad.....

So my SO is 10 yrs older than me.... he keeps talking to me like I'm a kid...... I confronted him about it and he just gets defensive..... How do I get it to stop?? It's driving me crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine is only 2 years older than me and I have told him he is acting like my dad. I have been giving him nothing but kindness in return and broke down and cried all of my frustration out last night. He is doing that like you dad and you sure can expect him to be weak to your tears like my hubby was. I didnt do it on purpose but boy did it work.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• well, 10 years difference to him you may be a kid.
    I'd just talk to him, but I hear this a lot with age differences like that.
    not judging! I dated a man for some time that was 10 years older than me too!
    Anonymous

• it will stop if you stop dating him. find someone who respects you. gotta wonder with the age difference and the way he treats you what was his motivation for dating you... midlife crisis? this is not a reflection on you... date who you want, what age you want... but this may be something to consider in this particular relationship. he is not likely to change...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010