Have you ever taken a pregnancy test and it come back negative, but then go back to the store get a different brand and that one says positive

if so what test was it that said negative, and which one came back positive?

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes the first 1 was negative, I went back and got 2 and they were both positive.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• with my first, i was a month late for my period when one finally came up positive. i did 5 different brands, i went to planned parenthood and the doctor. what finally came back positive was the blood test,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yeah, some brands are easier to read than others; some are more sensitive to the "pregnancy hormone" than others; sometimes just testing a little later gives you a positive result because your body has more of the hormone than it did before.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes I was 4 months along and the test said negative. You could tell I was going to have a baby the dr. could feel the baby and see it on ultrasound I was 5 months when it said positive. I told the dr. he was crazy and so was his tests.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'd test again with a sensitive test, and if it's positive I'm make a doctors appointment
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I haven't, but when I was pregnant with my son I took a First Response 3 days before my period was due and it was negative. Then I took a cheap store brand test the day before my period was due and it was positive.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010