Any advice for a miserable toddler with a fever?

My son is 18 months and he's still teething. He only has 4 molars. He's been drooling like crazy. And this morning he woke up miserable and fussy. He's been making me hold him all day. His head felt really hot so I gave him some equate brand pain reliever. I gave him a cool bath and he took a 2 hour nap. Now he's up and he's still miserable and whiny. I don't have a reliable thermometer but the ear thermometer i have says has been saying 99 and 100. I don't think there's any reason for me to tak ehim to the dr, but what else can i do besides cuddle him and hold him and give him lots of liquids?

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Popscicles

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• let him play in a cool (not cold) bath for a little bit. and yes, of course, popsicles!!!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Try any distraction you can think of instead of drawing attention to the problem. Still give all the love you can though :)
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• These are the times you just have to hold him and wait it out. Think about what you like when you are sick. Comfy pj's, nice drink, and to cuddle on the couch and do nothing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• He may be a little young but you can try it. Get a cold wet rag and put under arm pits and one on his stomach. When I worked at the hospital this was a sure fire way to bring down a fever except we used ice packs. I have substituted the ice with the wet rags with my kids and just as effective. Also you can try rubbing rubbing alcohol on the skin (not sure why this works but it does). Good luck and hope he feels better soon
    sahm2kateli

Answer by sahm2kateli at 3:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh man.. my lil kid is almost 3 and to her, a popsicle is the cure all! If she has a cough, popsicle. When she gets "a hot" (that is what she calls fever) popsicle. Even when she scratches her knee she thinks that popsicle will make it better lol good luck with ur lil one : )
    hmdfeather

Answer by hmdfeather at 3:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• watch the clock and hope for bedtime?? that's what I used to do on hard days.. think, one more hour down.. you can only do so much when you LO is having a bad day and it seems you are.. hang in there.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010