Have you ever had a "der der DER" moment?

Whatever you may call it, "tape head" "der de DER" "Duuuuuhhhh" , whatever, when you realize that what you said, or just posted, was completely stupid? Yep. I just had one, and I literally *headdesk*ed. Seriously. I asked a question, for someone to explain a joke that I just did NOT get... and the moment I hit "ask the question" I got the joke.

What's your deeeerrrrrr moment?

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have those every day, lol. Once I was on the way to a football game and was in a super hurry. I ran into a gas station to get batteries for my camera, and there were two packs of AAA's. One said 4AAA and one said 2AAA. I asked the guy working there if he knew the difference in the kinds of AAA's. He says, "ummm...yeah...one pack has 2 batteries in it, one has 4". I felt SO stupid, lol! We both started laughing, though, and he goes, "you sure you're not naturally blonde?", lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes all the time!!! this is a little bit different, but still a "derrrr moment!" last night I was talking about the GPS with a guy I've been dating. He's moving a ways away and we wanted to see how long my GPS (which is newer than his) said it would take....but he didn't know the exact address. So he said just go to the "city center" option and see how long it takes....I was like ok, but how do you know city hall or whatever will be nearby your place? he was like what are you talking about? I said "uh a city center is like a courthouse or city hall." He just burst out laughing and was like "honey nooooo city center is the CENTER of the city!" lol I was like OMG!!!! I've seen it say "city center" on my GPS so many times and never in a million years thought it actually meant the city's center, even though it's quite obvious :)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yup...I have those moments, but we usually call them blond moments lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yup! Like today I cannot think of the right words when I reply to questions asked. I am having a mental fart day.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• a brain fart??? sure, i have them all the time and of course i have to have them outloud so everyone can hear!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my life is the definition of a brain fart
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I call them Huh. Duh, and Wha moments.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• brain fart Pictures, Images and Photos

Totally! I can't even tell you when the last time was because they happen all the time :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yeah, but the women who are familiar with cm wont be offended, they have dealt with some rude ass people on here. So...I'm sure my "blond moment" comment wont offend anyone.

confused

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i have a lot of them it seems to happen alot i am not sure y lol
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010