does your SO/husband have female friends?

if so, did you have a issue with it?
did you expect her to be your friend?
did you think that she would change the way he treated your so/husband because you were now in the picture-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• He does, we get along, and I'm not threatened.... I have guy friends too but we don't really "hangout".... it's mainly just talking on the phone here and there.... My SO doesn't like me having male friends, however he has some female friends so he can kiss my butt lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• he better not i am not allowed to have guy friends ( not that i want one)
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, neither of us think it is respectful to eachother. We hang out as a couple with other couples, but thats about the extent of it. He has his guy friends and he is happy with that.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 3:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The ones mine has I know...they are married couples.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, he doesnt have girl friends and i dont have guy friends
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My DH had a female friend once during our marriage. He failed to mention her until he had known her for three months, she had been to our apartment and he'd gone out to dinner with her (with a group of friends, but she was driving him and he paid for her dinner... something about she forgot her wallet *roll eyes*). (we were living in different states). Yes I had a problem with him not telling me all this, took me two years to get over it. We were high school sweethearts though and I'm forgiving because this was our first relationship... and I guess completely lying to the other person isn't something men are born knowing not to do... at least that's what he claims.
    I don't know if I'd be okay with a female friend after this incident. I probably would, but I would at least want to know about her...
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes we both have our separate friends from before we were together. My friends don't like him and I don't like his friends. So we each see and talk to our friends separately. No reason to not be friends with them. We come from two different backgrounds and enjoy different things about friends. I don't mind that he goes out to lunch with a female friend or texts her or talks to her daily. As long as he isn't spending the night over at her house...I don't care! I would surely hope he doesn't mind if I hang with my guy friends either. After ten years together, I should hope we have enough trust to handle this.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We have mutual friends that are both male and female. We do not either have friends of the opposite sex with whom we get together or visit or chat unless both of us are present. My husband is very careful in this area. When he goes over to a single female friend's house to fix something or to see about something, he won't go until I can go with him. When he takes one of the secretaries at work to lunch, he won't go until such time as I am free to go with them. It is very important to us that we show the world that we exclusively belong to each other. Must be doing something right. The marriage is in its 46th year.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Of course he did (he's not living anymore) Why eliminate half of the population as potential friends simply because of gender? Just doesn't make sense!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• hell no!!!i think i wld kill him if he lied to me about it though lol he had female friends but dont talk to them anymore maybe say hi how r u when we run in to them in the store or something but only if they notice him lol and no they dont like me bcz most of them tried to get with him or had a one night stand with him but me and him have 1 baby and one on the way (both girls) and he always picks us over anyone else...just tell him how u feel and go from there....if he cares then that will change GL
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010