What would you do if your DH's ex sent you this email?

[a bit of background...she has visitation every 2nd weekend and the judge berated her for being an unstable parent. The kids are there on the 1st half of the summer visit and return home July 23]

email

livewell

Asked by livewell at 3:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would call a lawyer. I would not let MY kids go out of country with an unstable ex. Who knows if they would come back and what recourse would you have if they did keep them in Syria? NONE!
    Her custody fight comments are just to bully you into letting her get her way. Keep ALL documentation and keep notes anytime you talk on the phone, dates time, and what was said.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Show it to your Husband and see what he says. I'd tell her to bring on the war, cause that is just flat out rude of her to say that.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i would tell her to go to hell
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would email her back and tell her that she should of thought of this at the beginning of summer so we could switch times, but since she didn't then the kids need to come home on July 23rd because we have plans with them for the summer also. I would also tell her that 4 months is NOT acceptable for them to be away from me and that I will be prepared to fight a custody battle.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Wow, say no because there is no reason for them to be traveling out of the country. I'd ignore the threat but print it out in case you ever do need to show it to a judge.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If she is to return the kids at a certain date, she needs to do it . If the court has already decided this case and set the standards then she must abide by them. She can threaten all she wants but legally she can do nothing but return them. You all have the law on your side.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would tell her HELL NO! Excuse is that there is to much going on in the world right now for my kids to be out of the country especially in SE Asia. Plus the fact that a judge has already stated that she is an unstable parent what more do you have to say. I think that's plenty right there. wow she has some balls. It sounds like she is testing you guys just to see what ur gonna say. Has she even got there passports? It takes like 4 weeks to get them. Well good luck with that and I'm truly sorry the kids and you have to go through that.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 3:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• WOW wtf can we say blackmail! she needs to grow up and you should keep this letter and take it to court!
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• oh there is NO way they are going (and we have their passports)
    I just wonder if we should reinstate supervised visits because SHE'S CRAZY for thinking we'd let them go!
    livewell

Comment by livewell (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• SYRIA??? WTH? Why are they going there??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010