For Vegans and Vegetarians

Does the smell of meat cooking, like at a steakhouse, smell good to you even though you have chosen to not eat meat or any meat related products?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 3:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I've been a vegetarian in the past but I eat meat now but not a lot of it. It's weird, sometimes the smell of burgers grilling can make me really crave them and other times meat cooking totally turns my stomach. I sometimes wonder if being a vegetarian in the past has adjusted my body so that the meat smells different at different times because my body needs or doesn't need it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Actually, the smell of cooking flesh makes me feel sick to my stomach. This is a new development though, something that has only occurred recently.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I was raised vegetarian, but my whole life i would salvate at the smell of bacon or meat grilling. My daughter, who i am raising vegetarian, cannot STAND the smell of any kind of meat cooking. When there is meat cookin gin our house, she runs out of the room with her hand over her nose. So, i guess regardless if you're vegetarian or not, it still boils down to individuality.

When i turned 24, i started eating meat, i was just so curious about it. I rarely eat it though...maybe 3-4 times a week & that is it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, it doesn't make me crave meat at all. Sometimes it disgusts me, depending on what it is, but most of the time I'm just indifferent to it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm NOT vegetarian and sometimes the smell turns my stomach.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010