Has your doctor ever been wrong????

I had my DD ten days earlier than the doctor had guessed.
I actually sat in the doctor's exam room and told him it would be between the 5th and 10th of January. Why? Well because I concieved on the 4th or 5th of April. And January 20th was too far away.
My Mother was betting on the 20th because she had five children, so I knew nothing, right? But I knew how to count!!!
My DD was born on the 10th.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 3:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my first doc thought i was having twins! since i was measuring so big. i changed docs cuz of my insurance and it turns out i had a cyst the size of a football on my right ovary! we didnt have an ultra sound until 4 months and thats when we found it! i had surgery at 5 months prego to remove my ovary and the cyst! baby and i are doing fine! never going back to my first doc again!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Of course u would know u r the one having the baby....I dont think a dr can predict the DD as well as the mother can...good job!!!
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• they told me my child was deaf after the screening in the hospital~went to the follow up specialist and he wasn't~they used head phones that might have not been on right.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My doctors couldn't figure out why my legs would give out on me suddenly and after vigerous testing said I was fine. I got a second and third opinion and finally found a doc to take me seriously. I have narcolepsy and the leg issue is common among is narcos when we get really happy, sad, angry, etc...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• doctor told me that my child was just "Quirky" when i said she bangs her head until bruised
    he was wrong, unless Quirky is the new term for autism
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• All this reminds me of how my DD's pediatrician sent us to a children's cardiologist and after he had siad he had no worries, the pediatrician still wanted DD to go to a nutritionist. After a cardiologist said all was fine. Even remarked on her ability to finish a treadmill test.
    I feel she wanted to bleed our insurance.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Patients can present with the same symptoms but there are so many different problems a doctor has to weed through to figure out which one you have. Plus they see so many patients all the time it is easier for them to start with the most likely diagnosis and go from there if that is not right. Give the docs a break.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• are you kidding? I can't get a cold without being told that I've got a rare never been seen illness or symptom.
    my body didn't read the textbooks, so nothing is ever the way it 'should be'
    so doctors are more often wrong than right with me!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2010