Anyone else have this problem?

My 9.5 month old daughter has been SCREECHING for the past few days..not out of pain or frustration or anything..just because she thinks its funny. Its so loud Im afraid my neighbors are going to think im beating her and call the cops lol. Everything I have tried to do to get her to stop isnt working..she thinks thats funnier actually lol. Anyone else go through this? If so what can I do?

SavannasMommy09

Asked by SavannasMommy09 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's a new noise mommy! LOL don't worry, the fascination with the new sound will wear off soon.

I always shocked mine by screeching right back LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My ds did the same thing. I just learned to ignore it and after a while he got bored of it... good luck!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• She's learned just how loud she can be. My daughter did the same thing, just let her know that it's not ok and that she needs to use her inside voice. She'll eventually stop, and most defidently don't laugh with her when she does it, give her a serious unacceptable look.
    Good Luck
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When my son gets mad he will scream like he is getting tortured..... same if he gets frusterated (which he does alot) so I know the feeling.... I'm like OMG my neighbors are going to thing I beat my child lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yep, lol. My son is the same age and does the same thing...especially when we're in restaurants. There's not much I can do, so I just let him do it, lol. I try to tell him to be quiet, but I don't think he understands. I think she'll grow out of it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• At 9 months old, I'd ignore it. She's just expressing her loudness. If you react, she will keep doing it more.
    If she were older, I agree with DesertRose that you can explain to her to be quieter and use a quiet voice.
    MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 3:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• haha its so hard not to laugh because i really do think its funny/cute but for the sake of my neighbors i need her to stop. Ive done the stern look and firmly tell her "no you can't do that" but she looks me right in the eyes and starts cracking up lol then i really have a hard time keeping a straight face. If this is how the terrible 2's are going to be i dont know what im gonna do lol. I never thought about screeching back at her haha im going to try it just to see what her reaction is! I started ignoring it last night, i think ill keep it up and see what happens...thanks mamas!!!
    SavannasMommy09

Comment by SavannasMommy09 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh yeah... I remember those days. Its just a phase... they will find some thing else cool and new soon and move on to another noise or action . Just wait.. soon enough she will be telling you "no mom" or "dont look at me" lol You will wish all she did was make noise ha

hmdfeather

Answer by hmdfeather at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• mine did the same thing. and who cares if the neobors think your beeting her? your not! so what if someone comes to check. chances are shes going to do it for them too.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010