Can she get sick?

How easy is it for a 6 month to get sick? My husband is going to take his daughter (my step daughter) out to dinner today and she has or is just getting over a cold. Do I keep DD away from her or is it ok?

Mama-said

Asked by Mama-said at 7:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's as easy,as it is for you. i wouldn't keep them separated, just make sure your sd washes her hands,and is careful not to sneeze or cough on her. (just a thought,colds help to build stronger immune systems. kindergardeners that weren't exposed to as many illnesses,get sick alot more than the kids that were).
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• The more she is exposed to now, the healthier she will be and the stronger her immune system will be in the long run.

There's no need to be germaphobic...just use common sense--like the PP said, washing hands, covering her mouth when coughing, etc.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I tend to agree w/the PP's on this one-just keep having your SD wash her hands and to do her best not to breath directly on your dd! But, EVERYONE will get a cold sometime in their lives-yeah it bites when they do when they are little, but they'll be better able to fight it off.... Now, don't go and expose the baby to anything necessarily=take simple precautions, but if a your DD does get a cold-just roll w/it and deal w/it as it comes and goes!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2008