how did you decorate your first borns room? did you decorate with the rest of your children?

I decorated my son's room in a sun, moon and stars theme..i still have everything and will use it for when we have another baby because it was so pretty. It was all different colors and couldve worked for a boy or girl.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did my first born's room in an ocean theme with plans to use it for any children that followed. Which I did: boy, boy, then b/g twins. It worked great for all of them :)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 3:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I decorated the nursery in a vintage Winnie The Pooh (Hundred Acre Woods) theme--light blue walls, with WTP border paper, dark mahogany convertible crib, changing table, dressers, glider, etc. and related accessories. Then when my older son was 2, we moved him to his "big boy room" to make room for my younger son, who occupied the nursery until he was 2, then he got his new big boy room, and the nursery was redecorated to become a guest room! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• for my daughter her room is all pink everything is pink with flowers on it. i think its great! husband asked if there was another color besides pink and i said heck no! lol i will prolly use it again if we have another girl!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I decorated with Sesame Street in primary colors. My DD loved it once she could see it. :) I used it again for my DS, but he wasn't as fond of it. Once he could express a choice, we redecorated in Winnie-the-Pooh.

Now that they are older, her room is done in shades of purple and his room is done is shades of blue. Their choices.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My mom bought him a crib/mobile set that was blue with brown teddy's on it. He loved the mobile..it played teddy bears picnic if I recall way back to 1986. I think my fav was the nursery I did in John Lennon's art work. He did drawnigs for his son...things like an elephant forgetting lol and it was a sweet buttery yellow. Loved it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We did a Nautical theme in my boys' nursery, and again in their "big boy room", we may be morphing it into a more "pirate" theme soon. I probably won't use it again, as I think it will carry my boys through at least the tween years, and I want something different for the next child. I love the monkey theme, but I used it in the boys' bathroom instead :)

We did a navy, white and baby blue color scheme, with a couple funky accents like the fish light fixture, fish rugs and crabby stools/night stands. Other than those accent pieces, it is more grown up, and something that I would like, and even use in a guest room. We used Nautica crib bedding, and when they went to toddler beds, they have the blue minky dot bedding that is reminiscent of bubbles (and super soft).
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2010