Bumper Pads or No Bumper Pads?

Is it more dangerous to use bumper pads in the crib?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I opted for the breathable bumper pads. You can smash your face up against them and breathe thru them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I used the pads and never had an issue, but go with your gut
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I only used them when my son was learning how to stand and would fall frequently. I would not use them with a small baby who can't move themselves away from an unbreathable surface.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No bumper pads. That's what's recommended by the SIDS organizations. I opted to co-sleep.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I've had no problems with bumper pads, except for when they get older and use it to try to escape the crib.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We use breathable crib shields. It helps them not get their arms and legs stuck but you can breathe thru them.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I used bumper pads an never had a problem...but every1 is different
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i used the bumper pads...dd wasn't much of a mover when she was little, and we took it off when she was trying to stand up.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 6:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No bumper pads for us. Not worth the SIDS/suffocation risk. And just because someone else didn't have any problems with it, doesn't mean you won't. All those that have died from suffocation or SIDS can't speak for themselves. We also don't use any loose blankets, and instead use Halo sleepsacks. I do whatever I can to keep my LO safe.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 8:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I used bumper pads with DD. As soon as I removed them her legs were constantly getting stuck in the rails. That's when the toddler bed came into play.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010