Looking for stories about blighted ovums.

I am pregnant for the second time. The first pregnancy ended with a blighted ovum. I had no trouble, no spotting or bleeding. I am 7 weeks now and am scheduled to have ultra sound soon. I talked about my fears with doctor and he just tells me not to worry, but of course I cant help but worry, this could have or could happen again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've been in your shoes. I had 2 healthy pregnancies then my son was born 2 months premature. I found out I was pregnant again when he was 1. That pregnancy turned out to be a blighted ovum. When I got pregnant again I had the same fears and my doctor told me the chances of that happening again were slim to none, that it's not like a genetics thing. Now Jayden is almost 2. Try not to stress to much that won't be good for you or your baby.
    jazegurl

Answer by jazegurl at 9:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2008