I need to make up an add for cleaning houses. Have any ideas? I'm so bad at writing things and making them sound good!

I charge $100 a house and would clean once a week (not sure if I should put the price in there or not) I will do basic things like dusting cleaning bathrooms and floors. Any ideas on how to say this better? Or anything I should add that I don't have? Any help would be awesome! Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I used to clean houses and it was $14 an hour.
    The add should say something about everything that you will do and what you will not do.
    also add to it that you will use your own supplies ( tax write off and if you don't want that then use their stuff)
    So make like a list on your flyer that says
    I will clean
    bathrooms, kitchens, floors, high and low dusting
    I will not move your furniture (liability reasons)
    I do not clean pools or windows
    I do not change the sheets or pick up toys but i will leave your house spotless
    I hope this gives you ideas
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Is that $100 per week or $100 per month for weekly cleaning? If you include pricing you need to make that clear. I think I would probably leave the rate off and discuss that when you get a call. How much detail you include would depend on what type of ad you are making. Start with a headline that grabs the reader's attention and then add the details below. If you have enough space I would suggest using bullets to list out the service you provide (Weekly Basic House Cleaning), what makes you a good person for the job (Experienced, Affordable, Dependable, etc), what days and times you might be available (Monday - Friday Mornings or Afternoons), how to contact you (call ______ at XXX-XXXX).  You don't have to include all details, but it's great if your ad answers some questions for the reader.  GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Hah - Wizard of Oz takeoff

Soap scum, dust bunnies, and dirt! Oh My!!

Is your house in Black and White? If so, call ___________ to turn your house from Black and White to Color! ______ leaves everything sparkling and shiny! We clean bathrooms, bedrooms, floors, and more! No need to worry about thrown mopping buckets though! Call __________ to get a hold of ______________ ...and Toto too!

Okay, maybe not so great! LOL.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 4:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Go to the yellow pages and get ideas from other ads... BTW, $100.oo is ALOT! They charge $75. a week here.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 3:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i owuldnt charge like that! i used to clean houses. i did hourly wage. because some houses are 15000 sqaure feet and some are only 4000. why would you charge 100 for a 4000 sq ft house that takes 2 hours and charge 100 for a 15000 square foot house that takes 8 hours?

keep a newpaper add simple

housecleaning by ____________! 100$ flat rate!. references! _____years experience! call your phone #
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It depends on a number of factors. Is this being posted in a local newpaper, Craigslist, a bullentin board, ect? Do you have a word limit? Are you just earning some extra cash or do you own a business? All those things will effect how the ad is written. No matter what make sure you use spell check and everything is clear to the customer. You can include price if you want to weed out customers who couldn't afford your services.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010