Brain Cysts

We had our 20 wk u/s last week, and this morning I had a follow up with my Dr. and she said that our baby boy has a couple very small cysts on his brain. She said they see them all the time, it's very common and rarely anything serious and we shouldn't stress about it, but she wants to do another u/s when I'm 32 weeks to see if the cysts link to down syndrome. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm so stressed out. This is our 2nd baby and I can't stand the thought of something being wrong. My dh has a downs sister that passed away 6 years ago...I don't think I can go through the same thing his parents did. We will of course love and care for this lil guy no matter what, but I'm so scared! What do I do? Has this happened to you and it turned out to be completely fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My nephew has cysts on his brain revealed during a routine ultrasound. His parents did nothing (but pray, or course) and he is a perfectly healthy child. If you needed to be worried, your doctor would make sure you were worried-- that's what you pay him the "big bucks" for.
    wenchmommy381

Answer by wenchmommy381 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010