How do u explain 2 another parent their child is really whinny??

How do u explain 2 a parent that their child is really whinny an its getting on ur nerves???

Halogurl29

Asked by Halogurl29 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• who is the other parent and why is it your business?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• JUST TELL HER !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 3:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You don't. Unfortunately, she will deny her child behaves that way and she will only be mad at you lol. Its not worth it. I know how you feel:)

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It can be frustrating. I have a dear friend that her child is clingy and whiny. BUT my friend never lets her daughter out of her sight because she paranoid. She will not even send her to school.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Why would you tell a parent that?
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I feel your pain. My niece is a terrible whiner, CAN'T STAND IT, but what can you do? I just have to ignore it and not let it be something that comes between my and my sis.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 3:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It is my business when I have 2 baby-sit that child everyday...I would hope some1 woud tell me if my child was like that so I could try 2 correct it!!!!!!!!
    Halogurl29

Comment by Halogurl29 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Whhyyyy is She REeaallllyyyyy Whhiiiinnnny!!! Does She make you craaaazyyyyy when she is whhiiinnnnnyyyyy?
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• why not address the whineyness with the child... tell them you can understand whining and don't pay attention to them till they stop whining
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If the child is always whiney then the parent already knows it, and if the child is only whiney when staying with you then it's something you need to address with the child while he/she is in your care. Try working on the whining by showing the child an acceptable way to talk and letting him/her know you won't give him/her what they want when they whine about it. If you don't see some improvement then maybe ask the parent how they deal with it at home. I wouldn't come right out and say "your kid is a whiney brat and he/she drives me crazy," but you can say you are worried about it and would like to know how they address that type behavior at home so you can be consitent. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010