What's a good anti-wrinkle/firming cream?

My parents are coming to town for my birthday and I have decided that anti-wrinkle cream is what I want. We aren't going to any mall or high-end store so I need to pick from something I get from Wal-greens, Wal-mart, etc. I will be 33 yrs old and don't have a whole lot of wrinkels, mostly just "smilage" lol.I was thinking about Olay Regenerist but what is one you have found that works particularly well?

larissacst

Asked by larissacst at 3:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well...if you really want to do it on the cheap get a moisturizer you like and add DMAE(you can get it at health food stores). One and a quarter teaspoons to every four ounces of lotion.

Alpha and beta hydroxys, though most effective in prescription strength/medical grade, work wonders. Vitamin C isn't shelf stable so most drugstore brands with it as an ingredient are useless. Retinoids are your best bet. ROC makes a good night time retinoid cream that sells for about $20.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh! If you know a place that sells Philosophy products they have a powdered form of Vitamin C that is shelf stable and you can add it to any facial moisturizer. It sells for $35, and lasts for ages.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Let me tell you something. I work with the elderly. There was a lady who had the smoothest face. She was probably 92 when she passed away. She used Oil of Olay. I am serious. She said she has used that for years and years. She would put it on her face and her neck. So you can imagine what I use now. OOO!!!!! I'm sure you have to be faithful to the product though. You can't just use it until your happy and then stop.
    cherrera5

Answer by cherrera5 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I use Aveeeno Positvely Firm (?) or something. IDK. Not ecstatic about the results, but I'm only 27 (lol, until next month!)
    unsuspected

Answer by unsuspected at 3:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Soap and Glory products at Target. I love everything they make. It does what it says it will do.( I wish my husband would.)
    The Butter Up body cream is so good somethimes I can skip a day, and the Night in Shinning Amour face cream is amazing.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010