is it normal for my baby to be hiccupping in the womb?

cutieroxy247

Asked by cutieroxy247 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal. Enjoy!
    MamaNata

Answer by MamaNata at 4:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yep. Both of mine got hiccups. Sometimes it was funny and sometimes it was irritating...it depended on how tired i was, lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yes my ds had the hiccups all the time. it actually felt weird when he didnt. my SIL saw him moving from across the room when he had hiccups.
    sahm2kateli

Answer by sahm2kateli at 4:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes! Isn't awesome! I love to feel my LO hiccuping when I was pregnant, it's just amazing!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Of course! Very normal. When I was pregnant I knew about hiccuping in the womb, but I didn't realize that it can happen consistently, almost rhythmically, and it freaked me out. I thought it would just be random, like when we hiccup. But nope, it can feel like like he tapping his little foot to a beat or something, and last for hours!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yep, lol. My son would do that all the time. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• lol YEs! Normal and healthy.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yep its fun to watch! know what else is fun? hold a flashlight up to your belly and they will move around like they are trying to play with it!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes, my little man did that which was fine till the end and it would make him mad and he would kick me! Lol, he was 21 1/2 inches at birth so he was low on space in there and those kicks HURT! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Absolutely. My daughter used to have a hiccup fest EVERY NIGHT! I thought it was so cute, but at the end it drove me nuts. I'm 20 weeks with my second, and haven't felt any yet.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010