I feel so drained all the time. What can I do to burst my energy?

I am constantly tired, even when I think I've had good rest I still feel exhausted. Any ideas on what I can do to boost my energy besides drink mochas and take energy pills (which I won't do. Take energy pills that is.)

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When you find the answer please let me know :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I actually had to change my vitamins and that made a huge difference. I also noticed that when I take time for me I have more energy for everything else.
    MamaNata

Answer by MamaNata at 4:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Hire a maid and nanny.

It takes about 3 years to recover from having a baby. The World Health Org recommends waiting at least 3 years before ttc. You may be expecting too much from yourself.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Girl! you just had a baby, of course you are tired! :p

I had that after my second and third babies. My midwife suggested a B Complex Vitamin and a 15 minute walk everyday. It doesn't have to be a hard walk, just a slow walk around the neighborhood will work. Then you are out in the sun, breathing fresh air and moving, all three of those things will boost your mood.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You sound just like me a couple months ago. I drank 2 mochas a day and then I got down to 1 but now I only drink them every once in awhile. Anyways, what has helped me is to go to bed earlier and I just started getting up at 5:30am and I joined a fitness bootcamp that starts at 6am. Since working out in the morning and going to bed earlier I have felt great! If I can do it then anyone can do it. Oh, and my 6 month old still gets up once a night so it's amazing that I feel this great!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Plenty of fluids, a regular sleep schedule, and exercise - yes, exercise. Energy begets energy!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If I can get a full nights sleep, a shower AND exercise in a day ...its a GREAT DAY!!! B vitamins are good for helping with energy levels...eat a cucumber mid afternoon instead of a coffee. Drink caffeinated tea instead of coffee...the boost is much more sustainable and you won't crash like you do with coffees. Drink green tea and white tea too...great for antioxidants. Eat lots of fruits and veggies.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Gail, the whatever recommends waiting three years but I think my body will decide differently if the time is right. And anyway, I just want to boost my energy not have another baby. I can wait on that for a couple years. lol
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• working out really helps, vitamin b12, cat naps, and eating healthy. if none of these do the trick, talk to your doc. GL!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010