Do you ever wonder how much someone may be hurting?

when they write personal questions looking for help and someone writes a rude answer
do you feel bad for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I do feel bad, I think honesty is important especially when someone really needs a different point of view to help them see what they may not see because they are in the heat of the situation. It is different when its you that has to make a decision, or can't quite decide what that right decision is. However I also think there is way to be honest without being hurtful and as women I think we really have a responsbility to support and help each other positively and sensitively, rather than trying to make someone else hurt more or possibility feel completely stupid or afraid to ask the questions when they really do need some help.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I do feel bad for them. Some people don't always see how obvious an answer is when they post the questions. From the outside looking in, things look much easy to solve than when it is your life and your issues at hand.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I give honest answers. Never intentionally hurtful, but honest. If they make the effort to post the question, they deserve to be answered with honesty. Does honesty hurt sometimes? Yes, I'm sure it does. But what is the purpose of just telling someone what they want to hear? No thanks.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• no, not saying a honest but possible different view, but a slam answer
    like i see people who slam on the woman for just asking the question
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yea, I do, but I'm also always honest. Sometimes people need to hear the truth, even if it's painful. However, rudeness is hardly ever necessary.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010