Anyone do house cleaning for other people?

I've been cleaning FIL's trailer for a while now, he has a 3 bedroom trailer and he gives me $100 for doing it once every 2 weeks, I just do stuff like vacuum,mop,sweep,dust,laundry etc. He works 12 hour shifts and is hardly ever home but to sleep and it is never bad. I didn't ask him for that much, he just insists it is worth it and blah blah blah...Anyway, his brother and his wife want me to start cleaning theirs every week and do deep cleaning like windows,garage etc. They live in a large home, 4 bedroom,5 bath, 2 car garage, living room, dining room and den. What do you think I should charge them?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ask them what they think is reasonable to pay you.. and then discuss it farther on if you're not happy with the amount they throw out. Also take into consideration how dirty their house stays and how long it would take you to clean. Would they be supplying everything you needed or would you be doing that as well..
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 4:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Depends on how many hours you'll be doing it for. Deep cleaning takes a lot more elbow work. I say start $150 to see how they react.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• What does the pay per hour end up to be for your FIL's place? You could tell them that you charge that per hour. Just one idea. You can also get ideas what others charge by going to care.com and look at what people charge in your area.
    Anonymous

• They are supplying all cleaning stuff and anything else I would need. They are really clean people with one son who is 17 and no pets.
    BlainesMommy09

Comment by BlainesMommy09 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Well I usually get FIL's place done in about 2-3 hours.
    BlainesMommy09

Comment by BlainesMommy09 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• have them get a three or four written estimates for that job then offer them a bit lower than the lowest. just an idea.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 4:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• In our area, $20 per hour is the going rate for housecleaning.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I can barely tolerate doing housework for myself!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010