Im horrible at doing my makeup. Can you Give me pointers!

Eyeliner pointers, everything. What are your tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Do you live in a town that has a Sephora? If you make an appointment, they will teach you for free. That is how I learned.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I use those triangle shaped applicators by Cover Girl. I dot make up on one side of my face, then blend it in with the applicator. I then do the other side. It gives me a nice smooth look.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When using eyeliner, never use the same color as your eyes. Blacks or grays are best depending on your age. You can apply it to the top lid all the way across. be careful it doesn't smear in the spot between your eye and nose. On the bottom lid it it helpful to use a lighter shade eyeliner and only go from the outside corner to the middle of your bottom lid. Do not encircle your eye or you will look like a raccoon.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• for eyeshadows, use two shades, light and dark (any colors you like) you apply the light shate on the whole of your upper lid then add the dark on on the outer angle of your eyes starting from out blending towards the inside.
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• less is best. Use a good quality moisturizer,a loose translucent powder,mascara,and a lip gloss or stain,and a neutral eyeshadow applied to the lid only.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes blending is key to a polished look. I also agree with the Sephora suggestion. To make eyeshadow look like it is supposed to, I recommend getting what is called an eye primer. I have one from Mary Kay, and it works beautifully. I use three shades. The lightest shade I apply all over from brow to lid and then blend in a circular motion with an eyeshadow brush. Then the medium color I put along the crease of my lid and then blend that as well. The darkest color I save for the corners of my eyes and then blend that. It creates a dramatic effect if you apply more, and a natural looking way to make your eyes pop by using less. Have fun with it!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• go to a salon that offers make overs.. they will tell you the proper products for your skin type and how to emphasize good features and hide bad features..

everyone's face is different, and while someone can say "oh do this" without having a proper look at your face and playing with some make up they can't determine what is BEST for you like someone at a salon can. They are professionally trained for that purpose..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The department stores will do free makeover for you too ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• BRUSHES WORK THE BEST - much better then eye shadow aplicator. Also check out youtube.
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2010