Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on how to deal

I am on my second marriage. I have 2 kids and he has 2 kids. We tried to have a baby togather and i misscarried our son at 5 months. I want to have a baby with him so bad it hurts. I have trouble being arround his kids because it reminds me of the son i lost. We have been trying to have a baby now for about nine months and im not getting pregnant. I dont want to end up making him misserable because im having trouble coping. what can i do to help me get past this. Im afraid we will never have a baby togather.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • Relax and just enjoy each other with the children you have now.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • I'm in the same boat you are ! , we both came into the marriage with children of our own from other relationships and we've been trying for 7years to have a baby but it hasn't  happened as of yet for us, It's gotten too the point where we have given up on having a baby, if it happens it happens and just have sex for fun . It's hard when the person you love so much is unable to give you that specialbond you want ( a baby) But if you have already a strong love for each other the not having a child together is what will keep your relationship alive! You may want to try counseling for your self and then with your DH as well. Trust me I know its not easy to deal with some days are better then others, I don't think the pain will ever completely go away but with time it becomes easier to deal with! I'm sorry that you too are going through this I know its not easy but I hope in your case your able to get pregnant again.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • I think pregnancy always happens when you least expect it. If your stressing this could be the reason you're having trouble getting pregnant. Just relax. Have fun with the sex, dont make it a chore. You cannot help how you feel so embrace it. Look at every angle and find positive things going on. You have had 2 children already so the chances of you being able to concieve and have a healthy baby are there (especially since he has 2 kids too-you know that your reproduction organs work just fine) I am sorry to hear about your son. Keep in mind it is nothing you have done or could have done to change the outcome. Make for less stress in your life. I think this could be the problem with the big picture.

    Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • You can always go see an reproductive endocrinologist... Good Luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.