Would you mind taking a few minutes to sample my daughter's band?

http://www.myspace.com/theroyalalexandra

I am looking for objective opinions/critiques about my daughter's band, The Royal Alexandra. (Add the band as your friend if you like them!) :) She is the singer and writes the lyrics of all the songs.

THANKS SO MUCH!!

TLALONDE16

Asked by TLALONDE16 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think that accompanying instruments are overpowering the vocals a bit particularly on show the world, but I think overall the songs are good and I love her voice!I like your daughters stuff better than Beyonce!

I think that her voice is great, but I think the instruments aren't giving her voice much of a chance to truly come through.

has she put anything out on you tube? is any of her stuff listed on playlist.com?
    I admit that I was expecting something rough since the suggestions to listen came from a mom, but I really like her stuff!!!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• don't want to insult her her ability to compose, but I loved her voice,thought I don't think the songs are doing her voice justice.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Nothing stands out... Sorry, I'm a huge music fan, all different types and this just didn't make me say "wow that's an awesome song", to any of the songs.. Hope she finds her place, she seems to have the voice for it, unless it was digitally enhanced..JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i think she sounds great..thats pretty talented...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• "Show me the World" (I think it was called) was a bunch of noise. Too many overpower instruments and outside vocals made it hard to listen to. However, the next song on the playlist is really good. Your daughter has a lovely voice. She needs to learn to control her vocals better, but overall she does really well for the music she plays. The instruments are a little overpowering in themselves, as the tracks were recorded with the mic on the instruments too loud. (I don't know all the technical speak for that. Haha) Generally speaking the band sounds really good and they have really great potential.

What they should do is try the Youtube market a bit. Maybe get some videos out there. That's only if they can get some good sound equipment, so the videos show off their talent.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Her vocals are very strong. Just need some control on pitch here and there. I would adjust the mic volume and sound coming off different from instruments...cant really pick up on what it is (treble is too high)idk? Overall she has talent and hope she continues to write and produce her music.
    BlessedMommy333

Answer by BlessedMommy333 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! Your comments are all helpful. :D
    TLALONDE16

Comment by TLALONDE16 (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2010