terrible pain, just about 38 weeks pregnant.......

I have a stinging feeling almost like im being pierced in my crotch. Did any of you experience this? What could it be? I'm just about 38 weeks. It's been going on for a week or so. It makes it feel almost as though i have to pee cuz its such a sharp pain. Could it be my cervix dilating or start of labor? Any insights?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hated that feeling!! I used to tell my Dh that it felt like dd was reaching all the way down and just scraping her nails up my cervix!! I always put it off as maybe a little dilating, but don't think in any of my pregnancies I ever asked.....lol Sorry it's not really an answer, but you aren't alone :-)
    marriedmomto5

Answer by marriedmomto5 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had this too, I think it's just your body trying to prepare for the upcoming event. I've never gone naturally but I can imagine your gearing up!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Never had it but my suggestion would be to call your doc or midwife if it is that bad.
    Mickandy

Answer by Mickandy at 5:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• THat is the dreaded pelivic pain. You are just now feeling it? wow.. it lasted the last 2 months of both my pregnancies... hurt so bad i barely could walk! Good luck with yalls soon to be new addition!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010