BP says leak is stopped!!

How long do you think it will hold and what consequences do you see coming from this 5 years down the line? 10 years?

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The Ex-xon Valdez spill is still having environmental effects 20+ years later and this one is sooo many times worse than that one. So 5, 10 years is being way tooo idealistic in my opinion.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I just saw it on my local news! I hope with all my heart that it holds. unfortunately, the enivronmental impact will be ongoing for years!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I swear I'm holding my breath that this works. I'm sick about what's happened and how it has forever changed our world.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think it will hold a good amount of time, I haven't thought about that. However, the consequences of it could be pressure build up causing leaks. Could also be that the cap gets corroded and starts to deteriorate. I mean, there are a hundred different things that could happen. Let's just hope that none of it does.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• don't know...but Bump!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Bump!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Crossing my fingers that this works!
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I hope it is stopped, and that it will hold for a very long time. I think they should probably fabricate another cap to replace this one if necessary. It would be better to have one ready instead of allowing oil to pour into the ocean again while they build a new one. I am sick about this. Even if they do a good job cleaning up, I wonder how many species have gone/will go extinct because of this. There may be life forms that live only in that area that are being lost.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I know it's terrible but I don't think about stuff like this. I can't really do anything and it's just depressing.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 5:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm going to give it a few weeks before I exhale.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2010