Whta's the best product to absorb facial oil?

I have really oily skin. What can I apply in the morning to control oil production throughout the day?

luvinmees

Asked by luvinmees at 8:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I recommend Mary Kay's Oil Free Hydrating Gel.  Here is where to get it http://www.marykay.com/mrscassandralane
    MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 8:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• BioElements carries a product called Oil Control Sleep Wear and it helps regulate oil production throughout the night so that when you are going through the day it is controled before you even put your makeup on.
    AmazonMoMX2

Answer by AmazonMoMX2 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I like a product called an oil blotter. They are made by several different companies, and they are very thin pieces of linen paper, that soak the oil off your skin without messing up your makeup.
    alex

Answer by alex at 9:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Arbonne has a line for oily skin and it helps with my skin so much. I feel like it is not my skin cause it has help so much with change my skin. If you are interested in trying and of the products plase let me know. hollyisaacsarbonne@yahoo.com
    ehisaacs

Answer by ehisaacs at 9:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I use to sell Arbonne and they do have a great line. Mary does too. I'm old fashion, clean my face with facial milch (which I get from Europe), use a toner afterwards. Carry rice paper (beauty supply stores and Body shop carries it) with you to blott away, and if ever in a bind, u can take one laywer off a sheet of toilet paper and blott your face with it as well
    Leens

Answer by Leens at 10:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I have naturally oily skin (half American Indian) is where i guess I get it from. All the above mentioned products give me acne. My skin is usually clear. I use rubbing alcohol. cuts the oil and It never dry's out my skin nor do I get scaly patches. But i am very oily skinned.  Every other woman in the world can use special products. Not me. I've been told witch hazel also works.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• After I was my face and put on my make-up i set my make-up with a loose powder. It really deceases the shine and helps my skin to look flawless. I carry a pressed powder compact for touch ups during the day and It keeps me looking fresh. good luck.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I see you've had lots of great responses. Just had to throw mine in. I am an independent representative for Sensaria Natural Bodycare. We have a product for oily skin. Our products are naturally based and don't have harsh ingredients like lanolins and mineral oil. If you're interested in looking at the products, please PM me as company policy doesn't allow me to post my information on the internet.

We have a total of 4 lines of product for your skin and I'd love to talk to you a little more about your complexion and find the perfect products for your skin.
    kittynala

Answer by kittynala at 9:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• A great skin care routine will help you control your oily skin issues. There are also other products to help during the day such as beauty blotters (the linen sheets), oil mattifier, powders etc. But your skin care is the key! I would be more than happy to send you samples. I have the same issue and can recommend products that will help you.
    Feel free to PM me or visit my website.
    www.marykay.com/ahenderson1
    AmyHenderson

Answer by AmyHenderson at 11:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Currently I use Proactiv and my skin looks great! The only problem is the oiliness. I have been using Proactiv's blotter papers and they do help.
    luvinmees

Answer by luvinmees at 5:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008