Cysts on baby's brain

We had our 20 wk u/s last week, and this morning I had a follow up with my Dr. and she said that our baby boy has a couple very small cysts on his brain. She said they see them all the time, it's very common and rarely anything serious and we shouldn't stress about it, but she wants to do another u/s when I'm 32 weeks to see if the cysts link to down syndrome. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm so stressed out. This is our 2nd baby and I can't stand the thought of something being wrong. My dh has a downs sister that passed away 6 years ago...I don't think I can go through the same thing his parents did. We will of course love and care for this lil guy no matter what, but I'm so scared! What do I do? Has this happened to you and it turned out to be completely fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can pm me if you want-
    Personally, if it is indeed just cysts then I wouldn't panic-
    I was born with a cyst in my skull and it wasn't found until I was about to start drivers training- almost 16 years later!

I'm not going to say it's like getting tonsils removed, but if they have found it this early, I would consider it a blessing.

feel free to PM me and I can tell you what they did in my case
    hugs!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'm so sorry, I know this is stressful...this happened to a good friend of mine and at her next ultrasound all was fine and her son is a healthy 2 year old boy now. Try not to stress too much!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• A friend of mine had this.. and by the time the next ultrasound rolled around the cysts were gone! Good luck, and just rest relax and say many prayers!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010