Why is it ok

to verbally abuse and intimidate women who did not breastfeed, even if their kids are already past the age of having been breastfed anyway? For that matter, why is it ok to verbally abuse and intimidate them if they are still formula feeding?

There, that should start it - I'm sure someone else will be along to add the obligatory CIO, AP, ERF, stomach/back/side, circumcision and ear piercing questions soon.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• this has been posted often, you'll probably get the usual answers-
    Anonymous

• Some women just need something to bitch about and it makes them feel good about themselves bashing other women adn making them feel like or trying to make them feel like crap.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's all been addressed.....all of those topics have been attacked. But it's not ok.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think most women think their way is the only way and will work for everyone without looking outside the box - actually I meet a TON of people like this - sad really.. ...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

Which is why they made a whole new category just for this question (and the others like it). Might as well get it out of the way on day 1.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• "Which is why they made a whole new category just for this question (and the others like it). Might as well get it out of the way on day 1. "

EXACTLY!!!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think the moms that attack FF moms think they are better than them and have to spread the word so everyone can be perfect like them.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 6:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have never found a reason to berate another for their choices on how to raise their own kid. I do, and will, state my opinion and give my advice, however I just see no reason to get nasty about this stuff. I breastfed AND formula fed, I don't believe in Vaccinating, Piercing baby ears and I circumcised both my boys... Those were MY choices for MY kids and ALL were based on MY knowledge, research and beliefs... I don't expect that every other mom out there will agree, but I don't think it's my right to choose what others do for their kids. And frankly don't see how nasty comments or bashing are going to do anything but make me look like some crazy CM Troll... I would rather make my point and leave. BUT I will say that with anyone else, I have no problem defending myself or others against other "crazy CM Trolls" either!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think however, it happens so often because no one wants to admit that their way isn't perfect. We all tend to raise our children the way we feel is best and to admit that others may have just as valid, although different, ways to raise their kids would be to similar to admitting that their views aren't the only ones that count...

Same thing we get in R&B... It's all arrogance...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I truly believe that the women who attack other moms about their parenting choices are actually really insecure. They make themselves feel better, make themselves feel that their choices are/were the "right" ones by belittling any other choices. If they can make choices other than theirs seem "wrong", then their choices have to be "right". KWIM?

I mean we all have our own opinions on how we are raising our children, what's right for our families. But I am secure that my parenting decisions were the right ones for us, so I don't have to second guess myself and make others feel bad to make myself feel better.

Now having said that, I do think that in most cases bf'ing is better for baby and mom and would encourage every mom to at least try it (barring medical reasons against it). But I also respect each mom's right to choose what is best for them and their baby in their circumstances.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010