Do you think we should have a section for those who want to make announcements?

I'm not complaining....I just think it would be nice for everyone to have a valid place to put an announcement without having to be asked "where's your question".....

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• if the question section is just for questions then why the hell is it okay to have that crazy for credits area where people just say bump me?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We have a Thought Bubble already. Why add a section of questions for that - typically when someone does an "announcement" it's really just directed at a few regulars of a certain category like religion or age range x-y. If it was in an announcement category those people wouldn't be any more likely to see it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Well for example, i've seen a few people on here that were excited they were having a baby...and they get asked why they are posting without a question or "by the way, where's your question"....they can't just put something out there for everyone to be happy about.
    I know we have a thought bubble.
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree with NotPanicking.. There is a thought bubble on your profile.. and there are groups to make posts in.. The questions section is for questions..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Thank you!!!!
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Mommy_of_two388, the crazy for credits sections was created for people asking for help with obtaining credits. When they post.. They ask for people to bump their post to obtain credits.

This question was posted about an answer that I provided to a "question". There was no question in what the poster wrote.. So I asked if she had a question.. Not sure if she forgot to write one or what.. Groups, thought bubble, and journal posts are available to make announcements about anything.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I don't see a problem with having an announcements section. Hell hardly anyone looks at the thought bubbles anyways.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have to agree. . . this is not just a question forum at this point. . . it is more of an open forum. I think if someone is happy and wants to tell the world about it let 'em. . . give a section for that. . .we have the "crazy for credits" why not for announcements. . .it is not like everyone reads or sees the thought bubbles all the time.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 6:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010