Sex after childbirth

I had my second child 3 months ago. I had a natural vaginal birth and I did rip and require stitching. Well...sex still feels strange in certain positions. I am in a financial bind and cannot afford to go to the doctor..but when i feel down there...i can still feel a hard place under the skin where the stitches were..in certain positions it feels like he's going to rip me...is this normal? I read a blog today and many mothers were raving about how sex is so much better after childbirth, for me..it's not.

oogiesmommy

Asked by oogiesmommy at 6:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• That can be expected after giving birth. Especially if you tear and require stiches. I received stitches with my second child, and I never felt completely the same down there after.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That is scar tissue you feel. With time it will stretch and become more comfortable. When a woman tears and has stitches it can take a while for everything to feel good down there. Don't give up on sex!!! Give it time, talk to your SO, and enjoy the positions that are pleasurable. Good luck!
    Pookie1016

Answer by Pookie1016 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It has never been for me either. I have had pain and other uncomfortable sensations ever since the birth of my oldest... I now struggle with lack of drive, lack of moisture and pain in my perineum and cervix as well... Having children has completely ruined our sex life! But being I'm due with no.3... It didn't kill it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• with my first I was given an episiotomy and I feel that it was not needed and i think the woman cut too deep, so when i tore naturally this time...maybe i didn't tear all the way where my prior episitomy was..but maybe tore kind of deep under the skin...you see what i'm saying.
    oogiesmommy

Comment by oogiesmommy (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• when me and my partner had sex about a week or two ago, he said he felt bumps or something in there
    oogiesmommy

Comment by oogiesmommy (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had and episiotomy with my first two and didn't feel anything much down there, but when I tore with my twins (third pregnancy) the healing process was exactly how you are describing it. It was bumpy and hard and would feeling like it was tearing again during intercourse. It took a good year before it started stretching better. It's been two years now and I still notice it every once in a while.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 6:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Im glad to know that I am not alone.
    oogiesmommy

Comment by oogiesmommy (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010