hysterectomy help.....

i am 29 yrs old, with 2 boys, ages 3 and 10., as well as a house wife., within the month, i am going to undergo a full hysterectomy as well as some bladder work and removal of a cycst., my main concern is how my sex life will be after having this procedure. right now, my husband and i have sex at least 3 times a week no less than 2, sometimes more than 3. i have no one to talk to as far as what to really expect after. , recovery, pain after surgery, etc. can anyone please help me...

weezerneck

Asked by weezerneck at 8:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• the physical complications may last 8 weeks or more. but the hormonal changes will have the greatest effects. make mental notes and ask for help soon if hormonal changes occur. mood changes, dryness, no sex drive.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had a partial hysterectomy years ago (still have my ovaries) and except for being a bit dryer, our sex life is fantastic, even better than it was before.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• A total or partial hysterectomy SHOULDN'T change your sex life because the uters has nothing to do with the vagina. the penis doesnt even go in or near the uterus. i dont know about recovery and pain but i know that with or without your uterus or ovaries sex should be no different. I'm going to school (medical field) and we have gone over this a lot. its the same with the vasectomy.
    garciaz

Answer by garciaz at 5:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008