I think I am ready...for college

So I have started looking for a college. I want to go to school for Human Resource or Social Services type work (I think) (I live in Colorado). The least expensive school that is accredited is CO State University that I have run across thus far. But they need me to already have 4 credit hours (which I am unsure what that means exactly (4 hours?)) to qualify for grants. My other option is University of Phoenix which I like a lot but they are so expensive. Would you say start there with a grant and then transfer or pay out of pocket for the 4 credit hours at CSU?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 6:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would go to CSU. I personally think the University of Phoenix is a joke and I watched a PBS special on how colleges like them rip people off.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• 4 credits- is usually 1 class- but you should be able to fill out a FAFSA & if you dont make alot of money you will get financial aide.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Four units is not that much. You could complete that with 1 or 2 classes.

Make sure you are looking at all of your options. Complete the FASFA online and go to "Icanaffordcollege.com". There are several financial aid options that should be available to you.

And just start college. Even it is one class out of pocket. YOu don't want time to pass you by if you have this goal.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• 4 credits is 1 to 2 courses.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010