why oh why?

why do men treat you like you have a disease and that your the loser, when the fact is that they left you for another woman? my stbx can't even bear to look at me, much less talk to me. he treats me like i'm a discarded salvation army item he no longer wants. i know we won't get back together, but he makes me feel like a total loser.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• all because he feels guilty.. just remember that. he's treating you bad first - before you can treat him bad... not your fault.
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 8:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Some times men treat women they have been with like dirt in order for them to feel better about themselves and the whole leaving you, and sometimes it becomes a  pattern with them, remember its better to have loved and lost then to never heaved loved at all.

mncoffeemom

Answer by mncoffeemom at 9:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• That is just him feeling guilty. He is ignoring you because he knows what he did to you was wrong and he cannot face that he did that mistake. By ignoring you, he is ignoring what he did wrong.
    The best revenge is to live your life! If he sees you happy and active in your life, he will feel even worse than he does now!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Because he feels guilty. So rather than deal with those emotions it is easier for him to push it or direct your way. It makes him feel less guilty for his betrayal. They say well if you would just dress better, wear make up, showed me more attention, blah blah blah, whatever makes them feel like they did no wrong in the situation. He is a jerk, honey trust me don't stress yourself over it. It will get worse before it gets better. Be on the lookout that once you find yourself happy & content with your life or even if & when you find yourself someone special he will start over again. Because you are happy & he isn't the one who did that & most likely he is miserable for his making the mistake of letting you go.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 9:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• That is so messed up. Its obvious his priorities are all messed up. Not only did his leaving you make you feel like shit but now he has to rub it in and make you feel worse. I say fight back. Whatever he has been saying to you have some clever little smartass remark to make to make him feel bad. Maybe get a guy friend to flaunt around him. Shut the door in his face. Pretend you are so happy that if you were any happier you would explode and coming out of your body would be streamers and confetti. That will make him feel so bad. Give him a taste of his medicine. And keep in mind that he will get whats coming to him. Carma is a bitch! He is realizing how good he had it. Your his 80 to her 20. (why I got married movie will explain that) You didnt do anything wrong so there is nothing for you to feel bad about. Him giving you grief just makes him a little person.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Is their a reason why you are still talking to him,,,Kids or something else...I would not even talk or see him if I didn't have to if he acted like that to me,,And when I had to be around him and talk to him I would treat him like a second class citizen..Or pretend he's nothing to me,,He wont like that....

Answer by louise2 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• he just sounds like an a-hole. stop all contact with him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2008