Should I take my 2 year old to the fine arts museum?

It's kid friendly but I just think he might get really bored. But he really pays attention to things around him so he might really like it. It's really far so I'm just not sure if it's worth it.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 7:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, it boils down to the car ride and if you think it's worth it. Is there other stuff you could do on the way? . If you are making a day of it have a plan B ready. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I honestly wouldn't do it. I think your child has to be older to even understand to be quiet and not throw a fit when they get tired or bored. You want to enjoy it so I would just say pass on the tot going until they are older.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When you say it's kid friendly do you mean they have hands on things for the kids? It seems a liitle young to me but you know him best. Consider the time it takes to get there and back and also how much $$ you lose if he gets bored and you have to leave.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They have free Sundays so I would go then. And I think one Sunday a month they set up an art station for the kids.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If it's free and you want to try it, go for it. But I, too, think that's a little young.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• it depends on what they are having there at the moment. the museum in philly is having an egyptian exhibit and my kids definitely love that..... i took them before to see the medieval exhibit (knights, armor, etc.) it depends on their interests i guess

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010