What should I say or do,the next time she brings this up again?!?!!?!?

Ok so a friend that I recently started hanging out with,has a little boy,who is 9 months old,and I have an 11 month old,both of our children and parenting skills are the exact opposite,which I dont mind.I am worried about how I myself raise me child,but she isnt every time she gets the chance,she says that I starve my daughter (who is small for her age but shes been tiny since she was born)shes alwyas making comments saying "you starve her!" "babys are supposed to eat sweets and greasy food,it doesnt matter cuz theyre young" but I dont feed my daughter stuff like that,I like to be on the healthier side,and she likes to give her son all kinds of things he shouldnt have ex. (juice sweets.pieces of cheeseburgers from mcdonalds )and I dont say anything to her about it,but she always has something to say about how much or what I feed to my daughter

so my question is,what should I say to her the next time she brings this up?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 7:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I would shoot from the hip on this one. Tell her you know the two of you have different ideas on feeding children as well as other things, but you don't feel the need to push your ideas on her and you would appreciate the same respect. Tell her you are comfortable with how you are raising your child and that is all that matters. You would like to continue being her friend but you need to set this as a boundry and would not like it brought up again.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Just try to be polite and say that you are following the recommendation of your pediatrician and you want to raise a child who enjoys a variety of healthy choices. If she continues to pester you about it simply say that you don't harass her about her childs food choices, so please try to respect mine.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would tell her "I may be starving my child but atleast she wont get a heart attack" lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 7:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i'm not sure what you should say to her...maybe as nicely as possible say "I believe that good eating habits start at a young age". I mean it's true. You can't shove fast food down their throats daily and expect them to make healthy choices later in life.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'd smile and say i like to make sure my child is eating healthy foods teaches her to build a healthy eating habit that she can use the rest of her life.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• your her mom not her " im the mom not you" maybe hang out with some one else that is like a personal attack whe somoen critisizes your child or your parenting skills and shes doin both... not very nice...
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Are you sure you want to keep hangng out with her? If so, you'll need to repeat these things over and over. Maybe you could get together at a time that it doesn't involve food, like for an afternoon play date, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'd just start talking about something you have in common instead.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• just smile and say "I'd like her to learn healthy eating habits from the start as experts say that's what is best"

I, personally, would really like to know what that kid's diapers are like. I know I give my 13 month old something greasy, his diaper shows it later.

Or you could just go the other way and say "Wow, you over feed him!! You are really going to make him fat! It's a good thing they have fat camp for little kids, your guy is going to need it".
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i personally just would stop hanging out with her. how rude of her to critize your healthy habits..
    steph0411

Answer by steph0411 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010