Do You Have A Seperate Acct Where You Save Money on the side? And your DH/SO/BF doesnt know anything about?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• No but I need to get one of those! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If I had money to save it wouldnt matter whether or not he knew about it. I'll do what I want with my money, and no one will tell me otherwise, and I wouldnt need an explanation either, I worked for it, I'll do with it as I please. If I'm saving for something for him, he wouldnt know about it ofcourse.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 7:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We both have separate accounts for our own money--no need to hide them. We also have a joint accounts too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes, I do. He is a penny pincher, its the only way I get to spend money!
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 7:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We have a joint account, I do all the budgeting and bill paying I just tell him how much money we have to spend, and yes I put some money out of every check into the savings and he knows that but he doesn't know how much is in there and not cuz I don't tell him, only cuz he knows what we have in the checking account is all we have to spend everything else is off limits, we don't want to end up broke when it's time to retire.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• no. i dont have any money to save. lol my sister did that though. she didnt tell her husband about an account she had and was putting money into. when he found out he got really upset. it wasnt that he wanted the money or anything but that she felt the need to hide it from him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a seperate retirement account, a few investments and a savings account.

But.... My husband is aware of all of them.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We each have an account and we have a joint account. It works out well. But it is not hidden from each other.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Nope, I dont feel the need for one.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i appreciate that my husband is more interested in helping keep track of money. i have a stash of cash, but he knows about it - although probably not how much - it's out of sight out of mind for both of us. we both agree on what amount of spending we need to discuss with each other. it's not usually an issue because we're always together. he doesn't spend very much on himself, even with prodding. i handle the majority of the bills - he handles the majority of household purchases. it works.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010