Is there a nice way to tell my friend I HATE the baby name she picked out?

lol. I have been avoiding the question by saying things like 'if you like it use it' and 'it doesn't really matter what others think' and she is getting frustrated. I hate the name and don't want to lie OR hurt her feelings. I'm sure you will be on my side on this...the name is Gypsie Alamour.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Baby Names

• Just tell her the truth...tell her it's not your favorite name but that it could grow on you ;)
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Actually I kinda like the name. . . sorry. . .But if she really wants to know how you feel about the name just tell her. . . put it nicely like saying I wouldn't use that name or I personally don't care too much for it. . . But you are right if she likes it. . . that is what counts.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 8:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• nope...how can you...it is her baby's name!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 8:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I sort of like it! and i'm a very traditional baby namer... "Katherine Abigail" "Elizabeth Grace" But if she is asking for YOUR opinion, then NICELY tell her you don't like it.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Wow.....that sounds like a porn stars name! Anyway, if she asks just tell her "Not really but then I like more common names". See if that stops her from asking you.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Why tell her? Its her baby and its already named. I would keep it to myself...it will only hurt her.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything to her. it is her babby. it doesn't matter if you like it or not. If you tell her, it will only piss her off and she will still name her baby that.
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 8:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• maybe you could call her gg or something like that. it's not your call and if she's your friend you don't want to fight over something that is really noyb
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i would just tell her i didnt like it, but remind her that it doesnt matter what i think, because it's her baby.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Aww,that poor kid! I'd shut up about it,she's probably dead set on it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2010